UpTown! TERMS & CONDITIONS
AGE REQUIREMENTS: The minimum age for each class must be respected. Student must be the minimum age by the start of classes – September 10, 2016.
REGISTRATION: Due to the devastation our Community has experienced this Spring, we are offering two payment options for 2016-17 Dance Season:
1. Full Payment upon registering
2. Payment Plan (Registration Prior to August 6, 2016) – $50 non-refundable security deposit upon registering, with $100/class payment on August 10, 2016 and remaining balance on September 10, 2016. Please note: Payment Plan option is only available for registrations using a credit card.
3. Payment Plan (August 6, 2016 Onward) – $200 security deposit upon registering, with remaining balance payable on September 10, 2016.
REFUND & CANCELLATION:
- To receive a refund, notice of cancellation must be received in writing by email at email@example.com.
- Processing Fees will be applied as per the following:
o For full payment registrations, a $25 processing fee will be charged for all refunds. For a full refund, notification must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to classes starting. (Received by August 27, 2016).
o For Payment Plan registrations, the $50 security deposit is non-refundable. For cancellations received prior to August 8th , this is the only fee charged. For cancellations between August 9-27, the $50 deposit as well as a $25 processing fee will be charged.
- Partial refunds (less 25%) will be given for class cancellation notifications received between August 28-September 17, 2016.
- No refunds will be given after September 17, 2016.
- Non-attendance of any class is not considered notification of cancellation.
DANCE CLASS PLACEMENT: Final placement in appropriate level will be at the instructor’s discretion.
LATE ADMISSION/REGISTRATION: No new students admitted into any class after the second week.
LATE: For the safety of our dancers, there will be no admittance to class after the warm up has begun. Warm up is important as it prepares the dancer’s body and helps with the prevention of injury.
DROP OFF/PICK UP OF STUDENTS: Parents and siblings are welcome to wait for dancers but are asked not to go beyond the posted sign. This keeps the floor between dance studios clean for dance shoes, keeps the noise down in dance studios, and minimizes congestion between classes. Please do not drop young children off more than 15 minutes prior to class time. They will not be under any supervision in the Facility. Also, please be available at the end of class to pick up your child. They will be escorted from the dance room but, if we have to supervise them because a parent is not there, it takes away instruction time from the next class. There is free WIFI throughout the building! For your convenience, there are tables in the main foyer which can be used for homework, snacks etc. To keep the area clean and presentable for all users we ask that garbage be deposited in the available containers. This is a large, public facility. For the safety of all, children not in dance class must be attended to at all times by a parent or guardian. Suncor Energy Centre for the Performing Arts and/or UpTown Dance staff are not available to supervise children waiting for, waiting after, or waiting between classes.
ABSENCES: Regular attendance is encouraged. If a child misses 3 consecutive classes we will assume the child is no longer in the class and remove them from the roster. Participation in all classes ensures the student keeps up to date with exercises and choreography. If a student is absent, it is their responsibility to learn the missed lessons prior to the next class. Choreography missed will not be re-taught. If a child has missed too many classes and we feel it is affecting class performance, we reserve the right to remove the child from class.
QUESTIONS & CONCERNS: Address all questions and concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a reply within 24 hours.
CLASS CANCELLATION: Every effort will be made to have a substitute teacher in order to avoid class cancellation. If required, make up classes will be announced.
NO PARENTS IN CLASSROOM: Parents are not to enter the classroom to speak to a teacher or a student. It is very disruptive to the entire class. Any questions or concerns should be directed to email@example.com
APPROPRIATE DRESS: All dancers must be dressed appropriately in the hallways (no second skin, bra tops, booty shorts etc.) Shoes must also be worn in the main foyer. Everyone must use the change room. No students should be changed in the hallways.
CHANGE ROOMS: There are gender specific change rooms. No males, any age, permitted in the girls change room. No females, any age, permitted in the male change room. When required, use the private stalls in the washroom for changing your child. LOCKS: Bring a lock for keeping personal belongings safe in the change room. Lock and all items must be removed each day.
COMMUNICATION: Communication for UpTown is primarily done through Email to the address supplied at time of registration. Parents must notify the office of any change of contact information throughout the year. It is the responsibility of the parent to read all emails sent throughout the dance season.
IMAGES OF DANCERS: By registering for UpTown, you authorize images of your child be displayed on our website for marketing purposes. Photos and videos of dancers will not be taken without their knowing. Cell phones and cameras ARE NOT allowed in class by students, and photography/videography of dancers in class is strictly prohibited.
- Go to the bathroom BEFORE class. Bathroom breaks during class take up a lot of time and are a distraction to the other students.
- Please dress appropriately, come to class with your hair done and follow the individual class dress code. No jewelry is allowed, as it is a hazard.
- Please mark all clothes and shoes with your full name on the inside.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items found will be put in the lost and found. At the end of the month any unclaimed articles will be donated.
- NO GUM and only water will be allowed in the classroom.
- Please respect the building. Keep halls and change rooms clean.
- If a dancer chooses to eat in the hallways on their break, please ensure it is peanut free.
- We are not responsible for injury caused while on the premises. If a child gets injured in class, we reserve the right to seek medical advice. Parents will be notified of any injury sustained by a dancer.
- Please do not wear your dance shoes outside of dance. This will keep them clean and will help protect the studio floor.
- Parents cannot watch class, take videos or pictures. We will have a viewing week, which will allow parents to follow their children’s progress. In class visitor observation is at discretion of the instructor.
- NO CELLPHONES IN CLASS!
- Please keep your bodies happy and healthy. Lots of water, rest and plenty of stretching!
- Performance and rehearsal dates are listed on “Important Dates”. Every effort will be made to ensure this schedule is adhered to.
- Attendance for ALL recitals and rehearsals is MANDATORY. Attendance at Picture day is strongly suggested even if you are not planning to order photos.
- Costume costs are not included in registration. Parents will be given information to order costumes directly. Responsibility to order appropriate costume in the allotted order period will be with the parent/guardian. Students who do not receive costume prior to recital will not be able to perform.
- Alterations to costumes are the dancer’s responsibility.