Terms & Conditions – Music
- Students must notify their instructor 24 hours before their lesson if they are not able to attend. Lessons cancelled by students will not be made up.
- If less than 24 hours notice is given before the scheduled time it will be considered a “no-show”. Two no-shows may result in the termination of lessons without refund.
- If a student does not arrive for their lesson within the first 10 minutes, the lesson will be considered a “no-show”.
- If an instructor must cancel a lesson, that lesson will be made up at a time convenient to both teacher and student.
- If a student wishes to cancel the remaining balance of lessons in the year, notice of cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com. Two weeks notice is required for these cancellations.
- There will be a $25.00 processing fee applied to all cancellations.
- Non-attendance at class is not considered notification of cancellation from lessons.
Drop Off/Pick Up of Students
- Parents and siblings are welcome to wait for students but are asked not to go in the lesson with them, unless invited by the instructor.
- Students are to wait outside of their respective classroom until invited in by their instructor.
- Please do not drop young children off more than 15 minutes prior to class time. They will not be under any supervision in the Facility.
- Also, please be available at the end of class to pick up your child. They will be released from their lesson but their instructor will not escort them to their parent and/or supervise them if their parent is not there.
- There is free WIFI throughout the building. For your convenience, there are tables in the main foyer which can be used for homework, snacks etc. To keep the area clean and presentable for all users we ask that garbage be deposited in the available containers.
- This is a large, public facility. For the safety of all, children not in lessons must be attended to at all times by a parent or guardian. Suncor Energy Centre for the Performing Arts and/or UpTown Music staff are not available to supervise children waiting for, waiting after, or waiting between classes.
Items to Bring to Class
Students are expected to bring the following items to each class:
- Binder for Music
- Music Books
- Water Bottle
- Positive Attitude
Communications for UpTown is primarily done through email to the address supplied at time of registration. Parents must notify the office of any change of contact information throughout the year. It is the responsibility of the parent to read all emails sent throughout the season.
Images of Students
By registering for UpTown, you authorize images of your child be displayed on our social media sites for marketing purposes.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items found will be put in the lost and found. At the end of the month any unclaimed articles will be donated.
- NO GUM and water only allowed in the classroom.
- NO CELLPHONES IN CLASS!