Join Our Team!
Posting: Dance Instructor(s)
Primary Location: UpTown! Music & Dance
Hours/Week: Approximately 35 hrs/wk
Contract Term: August 2018 –June 2019
Duration: 10 Months
Closing Date: Open until Position is Filled
UpTown! Music & Dance is a dance studio located in Fort McMurray, Alberta that was opened at the Suncor Energy Centre for the Performing Arts. We are a rapidly growing, and expanding studio offering affordable and accessible dance classes for all of Wood Buffalo from age 3 to adult. Classes are held in two dance studios equipped with sprung floors, mirrors, Ballet Barres (wall and portable), and a sound system with access to a full 325-seat Theatre.
Reporting to the UpTown Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for representing UpTown! Music & Dance in a professional manner in class and possibly at conventions, competitions, showcases. We are searching for qualified instructors experienced in teaching any or all levels of Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical, Pointe, Creative Movement, KinderCombo, and Jr. Ballet/Jazz.
- Accredited Dance Teaching Certification (R.A.D., S.R.B., C.D.T.A., I.S.T.D., etc…) Program and/or Practical teaching experience
- Degree or Diploma in Post Secondary Dance is an asset
- Proficient in creating and following class plans
- Possess the ability to coach and mentor the dance assistants
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills
- Possess the ability to work independently and as a team
- Possess excellent customer service
- Experience as a choreographer and/or competition judge is an asset
- Create lesson plans that reflect the various ages and abilities of the dancers
- Encourage the students to push themselves to enhance their skills
- Select appropriate music for class and year end show
- Prepare appropriate choreography for the year end show
- Promote our anti-bullying policy in class and within the studio
- Promote a healthy lifestyle while keeping a positive classroom environment
- Work with team members to plan events for students and the studio
- Provide students with progress reports at least once/year
- Provide statistical information as required
Ten (10) month salary $52,000 plus Fort McMurray Living Allowance of $1040/month.
Includes full benefit package, upon completion of probation.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a vulnerable sector check along with a criminal record check. FMCSD will be contacting past and present employers for references. All FMCSD employees are expected to be computer literate which includes fluency with Google supports and MS Office.
Please submit your application/resume to:
Fort McMurray Catholic Schools
9809 Main Street
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 1T7
Tel: (780) 799-5700
Fax: (780) 799-5706